Garibaldi City Manager & City RecorderThe City of Garibaldi operates under the Council-Manager form of government where the City Manager is the chief executive who provides the leadership and direction for the operation of the City.
City Manager Responsibilities
The City Charter outlines the main duties of the City Manager, which include:
- Preparing the proposed annual budget
- Serving as the policy advisor to the Mayor and Council
- Seeing that all ordinances are enforced
- Ensuring that the provisions of all franchises, leases, contracts, permits and privileges granted by the City are observed
- Appointing, disciplining, and removing City employees (with the exception of the City Attorney and the Municipal Court Judge)
City Recorder Responsibilities
- Serving as the executive secretary to the City Manager
- Coordinating meetings, agendas, and public notices for all City meetings
- Maintaining the City Code
- Preparing and managing minutes, ordinances and resolutions
- Maintaining the City's website
Current City Manager & City Recorder
John O’Leary is the current City Manager and City Recorder for the City of Garibaldi. O'Leary started working for the City's Public Works Department 1999. He was appointed City Recorder in 2004 before being named Finance Officer in 2006. O'Leary also served on the Garibaldi Fire Department from 1998 until 2010 and has lived in Garibaldi since 1989.