If you are still waiting for unemployment benefits, the application for the one-time payment of $500 for those experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic is now available.
These are limited funds and applications will be taken on a first come, first serve basis.
Oregonians who think they may qualify should go to https://emergencychecks.oregon.gov starting today.
To be eligible, a person must:
• Be a current resident of Oregon and 18 years or older.
• Be able to prove their identity and that they are an in-state resident.
• Attest that they are experiencing severe financial hardship directly or indirectly due to the Governor’s Stay Home, Save Lives executive orders.
• Have earned $4,000/month or less pre-tax prior to their income loss due to COVID-19.
• Not have received all unemployment payments they are owed.